Due to severe weather all Nursery, Primary, Secondary and Special Schools will be closed in Edinburgh on Wednesday 28th February and Thursday 1st March 2018.
Please check the council website for further updates.
Snowy Learning Ideas
Below are some suggestions for learning activities that you could be doing with your children during the snow days.
As part of World Book Day, you can download “Teach Your Monster to Read” for free. This app is suitable for early-years and covers letters and sounds to reading full sentences.
- Write a snow adventure story using the Project X characters.
- Write a story and read it to someone
- Design a symmetrical snowflake.
- Write a story or comic strip about a snowman which comes to life.
- Research one of the sports from the Winter Olympics and write some facts you find out.
- Bring snow inside and measure how long it takes to melt.
- Write a recipe for a snowy day including your feelings and thoughts.
- Make a word search with winter words.
- Look at the weather map for negative numbers and compare other countries.
- Time how many snowballs you can make in two minutes.
- Make snow angels.
- Make paper snowflakes.
- Design a wooly hat.
- Write your spelling words in the snow.
- Design an outfit suitable for the weather.
- Design a mode of transport to help you move about in the snowy conditions.